Dental Products We Recommend
Toothpaste for children
- Consider avoiding toothpastes which contain SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate)
- Use a very small, pea-sized amount of fluoridated toothpaste
- Don't force a flavor your child doesn't like.
- Use soft bristled toothbrush.
Many parents avoid choosing toothpastes which contain SLS. This ingredient may cause the recurrence of aphthous ulcers, commonly referred to as canker sores. SLS is a is a surfactant that makes things foam and a major ingredient in most popular toothpastes sold in the grocery store. Crest, Colgate, AquaFresh, and Pepsodent contain SLS; Sensodyne is a major brand that doesn't. Here is a list of some toothpastes that do not contain SLS:
- Weleda Natural Salt Toothpaste
- Tom's of Maine Children's Toothpaste
- Squigle Toothpaste
- Rembrandt Gentle White Toothpaste
- Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpaste